Inspirational thoughts and random writings from the alumni and friends of Quad-Cities Christian Writers Conference.

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

The Will To Believe In Yourself


By Marvin Ferguson

"The Will To Believe In Yourself "is an idea that I have often taken for granted. With all the human effort I can muster up along with being constantly bombarded with information (television, internet, and more), in this age, what else do I need?

When I first heard Frank Sinatra's rendition of "I Believe For Every Drop Of Rain That Falls," it brought a new awareness to my mind. Listen to the words: I believe for every drop of rain that falls; A flower grows; I believe that somewhere in the darkest night; A candle glows; I believe for everyone who goes astray, someone will come, to show the way; I believe, I believe. Needless to say the emphasis is on the word "Believe." And the song goes on.

The Denver Broncos made it into the 2011 NFL playoffs through blood, sweat, and tears along with a lot of hard work. However, their efforts wouldn't have been complete without Tim Teebow, quarterback, encouraging all the guys to believe in themselves.

Throughout my childhood and early adult life, I'd occasionally meet with discouragement at my front door. And to learn to cope with it, my mother, bless her heart, would say to me, "Just say you'll do it, and it will get done." Now, years later, reflecting over those words of wisdom, I think she was trying to say to me in her broken English, European background, to have confidence in whatever I do and wonderful things will happen.

The moral of this story is that people must have "The Will To Believe In Themselves." And if they carry this idea in their mindset, all things are possible.

Please don't construe "The Will To Believe In Yourself" with Spiritual Security. That's a topic to discuss on another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment