Inspirational thoughts and random writings from the alumni and friends of Quad-Cities Christian Writers Conference.

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

GOING RAW

By Sharon Wilhite


I'm going on an all raw diet. No cooked to mush veggies, no fruit cocktail and cobblers, no gravy smothered meat, and no calorie laden snacks and drinks with zero nutritional value. Yes, I'm going raw - to reacquaint my taste buds with the flavor of real, unadorned fruits, vegetables, and water.
 
Actually, although that sounds very healthy, my self-imposed diet isn't food based at all but literary based. No mushy romance novels, no fruity fad books, no Christian truths smothered under suspense and no books with zero spiritual or practical value.
 
My mind is fat and lazy; I find myself jittery, unable to concentrate, craving instant gratification of the flesh -withdrawal symptoms for sure! I'm going raw, and the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is so weak.
 
  ("For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace." Romans 8:5-6)

No comments:

Post a Comment