Inspirational thoughts and random writings from the alumni and friends of Quad-Cities Christian Writers Conference.

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Hello Spring

By Lori Boruff

When doubts filled my mind, your comfort gave me renewed hope and cheer.

Psalm 94:19 NLT

           Have doubts filled your mind leaving you frozen in your faith? Renee Swope, author of  A Confident Heart—How to Stop Doubting Yourself & Live in the Security of God's Promises, writes “Doubt keeps us from believing things can get better.  Doubt convinces us that it's not worth the effort.”

Well, I have good news. Winter is over. Spring is here. It's a new season!

            Like daffodils and dandelions popping through thawed ground, the comfort found in God's word pushes through dead thoughts of doubts and despair .

            Hope blossom in the light of God's word. Cheer grows in the garden by His fertile favor.



       Good-bye Winter Blues                            Hello Spring                           Look in God's Garden

You say: “It's impossible”
God says: All things are possible
Luke 18:27
You say: “Nobody loves me”  
God says:  I love you
John 3:16
You say: “I can't figure things out”
God says: I will direct your steps
Proverbs 3:5-6
You say: “I can't do it”
God says: You can do all things
Philippians 4:13
You say: “I'm afraid”
God says: I have not given you fear
II Timothy 1:7
You say: “I'm not smart enough”
God says: I give you wisdom
I Corinthians 1:30
You say: “I'm always worried”
God says: Cast all your cares on Me
I Peter 5:7



Thank you, God of Hope, for new seasons.

 I declare this is the first day of spring in my mind and heart.

Whenever doubt and despair creep in, I say Hello Spring!

I trust You, Lord, to give me comfort through Your word.

I'm excited to watch my garden of faith grow into something beautiful for Your glory!

In Jesus' Name – Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment