Inspirational thoughts and random writings from the alumni and friends of Quad-Cities Christian Writers Conference.

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Spring Song

By Gail Smith

Thank You Lord,
~for bright March mornings
~for blustery spring breezes and chirping birds declaring that
You are Creator and the Giver of Life.

The radiant sun You created shines too bright for my eyes.
How brilliant must Your SONshine be!

I say to my soul, "I must create a song of love for the glory of my Beloved,"
but what could sound sweeter than the rustling of new buds as Your winds move them in the trees.

You have brought my heart from a winter of doubt to the spring of hope.
In summer will come the full bloom of faith.
Soon after, a harvest of blessing and praise must follow.

I thank You for all of these and ten thousand besides.

I praise You--"I Am."

I say "Yes!" to You, dearest Father and Creator.

Blowing blooms create a storm of spring flowers in the air.
"Awake, O north wind, And come, wind of the south; Make my garden breathe out fragrance, Let its spices be wafted abroad. May my beloved come into his garden And eat its choice fruits!" Song of Solomon 4:16

1 comment:

  1. I love this new psalm, Gail. Your photo shows the kind of storm I can live with. Well done!

    ReplyDelete