Inspirational thoughts and random writings from the alumni and friends of Quad-Cities Christian Writers Conference.

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Precious Life-Giving Words

By Lori Boruff

29 year old Christen Ringle went home to be with Jesus on Jan.9, 2012. Her husband and two babies have been left with her precious life-giving words written on her November 1, 2011 blog. What message will you leave behind for your loved ones, families and strangers? What is your legacy? What do you believe?

Do you have the hope of Jesus? Stop. Reflect. Cherish these precious life-giving words written in the midst of the valley. You never know when your road will lead you there.
Christen Ringle Blog post on November 1, 2011.

In the Valley

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will not fear. Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil. My cup runneth over.

I need You more that ever before. Lord knows, as we begin November, I rely so heavily upon His mercy and His grace. For since as long as I can remember, I've suffered headaches. Migraines usually at least once a month. This past month it was 5 or 6. I saw a doctor who would like to put me on a daily med that I am not comfortable with. I've been asking for discernment and as far as I can come up with, I should not take the prescribed medication. Now, I've stood for healing in the past. Many people have fought this battle on their knees on my behalf. But no. I'm not discouraged. God is a good God. He is faithful. He's all that I want. I do desire healing. I believe I will be completely delivered from this illness, but even if I'm not. God is good. You know, I get really weary of saints proclaiming the goodness of the Lord only when circumstances turn out as they would like. You know that even if nothing went "right" and if I am never delivered from migraines, He is good. He is faithful and He is worthy of all praise.

I know His ways are higher than mine. His thoughts are far beyond my own. I trust in Him and allow His purposes to be fulfilled in my life. Surely goodness and mercy will follow me all of my days. And I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

Posted 1st November 2011 by Christen Ringle

No comments:

Post a Comment