Inspirational thoughts and random writings from the alumni and friends of Quad-Cities Christian Writers Conference.

Friday, April 5, 2013

Does God Still Heal Today?

By Gail Smith

Do you believe God heals today? By that, I mean do you believe that our God still performs miraculous, supernatural healings for people alive today, in  year 2013?  There was a time when I believed that God no longer worked in supernatural ways to heal people.

I recently had the privilege of doing some research for authors Cecil Murphey and Twila Belk on a book just published, "I Believe in Healing". Cec has written over 125 books, including "90 Minutes in Heaven and Gifted Hands."  My job on this book was to look for documented, divine healings by God, before the year 2000.

Subtitled “Real Stories from the Bible, History and Today,” "I Believe in Healing" is an exhaustive collection of healings ranging from the very earliest recorded healings to stories of people today that can’t be explained by natural means, reminding us that God is the same, yesterday, today and forever.
I say “exhaustive” because as one involved with the research I can tell you that I was blessed to spend many hours searching, reading and documenting these healings, online and in books, too. From barren Sarah (Gen 11:30) to the acts of the apostles, to first century healings, continuing on to Saint Bede, Kathryn Kuhlman and C. H. Spurgeon, God’s power and compassion has been reaching out to touch the sick, the blind, the lame and others with divine healing throughout all of time.

If you should be looking for evidence that God still heals today, this book will answer questions, give examples and save you a lot of time.

Written in two large sections, Part 1 “Stories and Testimonies of Healing” is just that, while Part 2 answers “Questions About Healing.” You can click here to see chapter titles and the “Table of Contents.”

As for me, I became a believer in healing a long time ago, thanks to the ministry of an extraordinary pastor, Ron Dunn. And if I hadn’t changed my mind way back then, I certainly would have believed after reading 20 centuries worth of healings, or at least a tiny fraction of them.

What a great job I have-- it was an incredible blessing for me to be able read story after story of people who were touched by God in so many miraculous ways. No matter the time, place, or circumstances of those in need, God is still at work. My faith has been strengthened, my heart has praised God and my life has been enriched by a growing awareness of God’s magnificent works of healing down through the ages.

I’d like to invite you to experience the same blessing. Take a look at "I Believe in Healing". You’ll find biblical answers to the most common questions about healing as well as amazing acts of God’s mercy and grace.


3 comments:

  1. Gail, this sounds like a wonderful book! I yearn to be able to share the reality of a supernatural God with a culture that often feels very uncomfortable with His supernatural character and ways. Suggesting, for the christian, that being supernatural is natural, is often met with confusion and scepticism. Knowing that, "the same spirit that raised Christ from the dead (!)" lives inside of you and me is an AWEsome thought! I look forward to reading your well researched stories of our awesome God. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your kind comments. I hope you get a chance to read the book, too. It will raise your spirits and leaving you praising our awesome God for the great things He has done, and is still doing today.
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel really happy to have seen your web-page and look forward to so many more entertaining times reading here. Thanks once more for all the details.
    Invisible Braces for Straight Teeth in nashik

    ReplyDelete