Inspirational thoughts and random writings from the alumni and friends of Quad-Cities Christian Writers Conference.

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Making a L.I.F.E.

By Kathryn C. Lang

I have been caught up in living. Between the doing for the family, doing for the church and squeezing in some doing for my own career, I have lived so fast that I have almost missed out on life. Stopping to smell the roses is not about going through this world in a slow pace. It is a reminder that as we go through this world we are to remember that life should be more important than living.

L.I.F.E

Love – first and foremost, we are designed to love. Love God and love others and everything else will fall in to place. I keep seeing the need for relationships in every part of my day and from every direction. I was not designed to be a solitary animal. Relationships are important and love must be the foundation of them all.

Invest – growing anything takes time. Growing strong relationships requires an investment of time, energy, and self. Until I get to the place where I am willing to invest, I will always be missing that something more that makes the living worth it.

Forgive – a heart fostering hurt only hurts itself. Forgiveness is not for the benefit of others, but for the blessing of my own heart. I can learn to live when I first begin to forgive.

Encourage – a happy heart is good medicine for self and for all those it encounters. Share a smile. Share some hope. Through sharing, you will find that encouragement grows best in your own life when it is released freely and without concern to others. It comes back and makes the day full of the Son.

Make the most of your life. Love, invest, forgive and encourage and see that the roses have a new scent, the laughter dances on the wind and hope springs eternal.

# # #

Kathryn C. Lang shares words of hope and inspiration as a full-time wordsmith. Come on over to her website, www.kathrynclang.com and visit with her. She would love to hear from you.

1 comment:

  1. I just want to say that all the information you have given here is awesome...great and nice blog thanks sharing..Thank you very much for this one. And i hope this will be useful for many people.. and i am waiting for your next post keep on updating these kinds of knowledgeable things.
    Invisible Braces for Straight Teeth in nashik

    ReplyDelete