Now that the election is over, I decided to list a few of the promises that have been made by different candidates and research the Bible concerning these situations.
Aren’t you glad that God’s promises never overwhelm Him? He never compromises – He delivers what He says He will and there are no grid-locks. He sure gets a lot of bad publicity, but it doesn’t make him nervous. No checking the polls to see how long He can sit on the throne.
So whoever you voted for in the American election – the most important question is – in your heart of hearts – who are you voting for? I’m so glad that when we vote for Jesus we can be sure that we are in the winning party that will never end. I also was warmed to find this scripture that God has voted for those who believe in Him!
I Thessalonians 1:4 - For we know, brothers loved by God, that he has chosen you,
I hope this encourages you as you look to God’s long-term plan for those who worship Jesus Christ.
1 We will secure all loose nuclear weapons in the world within four years.
- A Isaiah 11: 6 And the wolf will dwell with the lamb, And the leopard will lie down with the kid, And the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little boy will lead them.
- B Isaiah 2:4 And He will judge between the nations, and will render decisions for many peoples; and they will hammer their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruning hooks. Nation will not lift up sword against nation, and never again will they learn war.
2 We will create secure borders.
- A Psalms 147: 14 He makes peace in thy borders, and fills thee with the finest of the wheat.
- B Isaiah 60: 18 Violence shall no more be heard in thy land, wasting nor destruction within thy borders; but thou shall call thy walls Salvation, and thy gates Praise.
3 I will double federal funding for basic research over 10 years.
- A Proverbs 8: 12 I, wisdom dwell with prudence, and find out knowledge of witty inventions.
- B Jeremiah 33:3 Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know.
4 Our military will be so powerful that no one would even think of challenging it.
- A Psalms 20: 7 Some boast in chariots, and some in horses; But we will boast in the name of the LORD, our God.
- B Psalms 62: 11 Once God has spoken; Twice I have heard this: That power belongs to God;
- C 2 Chron 20: 21-22 After consulting the people, Jehoshaphat appointed men to sing to the LORD and to praise him for the splendor of his holiness as they went out at the head of the army, saying: "Give thanks to the LORD, for his love endures forever." As they began to sing and praise, the LORD set ambushes against the men of Ammon and Moab and Mount Seir who were invading Judah, and they were defeated.
5. I’ll ensure that every classroom will have a quality teacher.
- A Psalm 119:99 I have more understanding than all my teachers: for thy testimonies are my meditation.
- B Psalm 32: 8 I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shall go: I will guide thee with mine eye.
- C John 15: 26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
- A Rev. 21: 23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light. 24 And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honor into it.
- B. Isaiah 40:30-31 Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall: But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
- A. Psalms 23: 6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.
- B. Psalms 28: 20 A faithful man shall abound with blessings: but he that makes haste to be rich shall not be innocent.
- C. Ephesians 1:11-12 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who works all things after the counsel of his own will: That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.