Inspirational thoughts and random writings from the alumni and friends of Quad-Cities Christian Writers Conference.

Thursday, July 26, 2012

“A GOODLY HERITAGE”

By Sharon Wilhite

“The lines are fallen unto me in pleasant places; yea, I have a goodly heritage.” -Ps.16:6

I have always known that God blessed me greatly with the parents He placed me with 50 years ago. 
 
Spiritually, they took me to church as soon as I was born and showed me how to be saved and live a godly life by word and example. 
 
Mentally, a book was always in my father’s reach, the library was a favorite destination, books filled the back window of our car on vacation, and they were a present to be desired on birthdays and at Christmas. 
 
Physically, swimming lessons were a usual summer activity that led to a life long love of the water and swimming as exercise as well as fun. 
 
Creatively, they both used the talents that God had given them in music, sewing, painting, and photography (to name a few) and shared them with their three daughters. My father’s love for taking pictures inspired me to do the same but probably more prolifically with the advent of digital cameras. I love seeing my children now taking pictures with that same enjoyment of their mother and grandfather before them. 
 
What else am I passing down to them intentionally or unintentionally?!

1 comment:

  1. How wonderful that you had such a goodly and Godly heritage, Sharon! It's comforting to know that even those of us who didn't grow up in the best of homes can still, by God's grace, impart a goodly heritage to our children.

    ReplyDelete