Inspirational thoughts and random writings from the alumni and friends of Quad-Cities Christian Writers Conference.

Thursday, June 23, 2011

How I Know I'm a Writer

By Shelly Akins
 
How do I know I’m a writer?  

I’m know I’m a writer because the words flow from my fingers onto the blank screen filling up the white spaces.  On those days, my message is clear, my descriptions brilliant, my characters do just what I tell them to. 
 
I’m know a writer because I sit down and do it even when the words don’t come easy, or I’m tired, or I feel like what I have to say isn’t worth anything, or when my characters act like the rebellious teenagers they are and refuse to follow my directions.  

I’m know a writer because I enjoy reading and learning from other’s writing both published authors and my critique group friends.  
 
I’m know I’m a writer because other people ask me about writing and take my opinions and advice seriously.  
 
I know I’m a writer because I have a story in my heart and I want to tell it to the world.

1 comment:

  1. I truly love this post Shelly. I truly believe you were born to write and that is why the words just flow from you. Thanks for sharing your talent with us!

    ReplyDelete