Inspirational thoughts and random writings from the alumni and friends of Quad-Cities Christian Writers Conference.

Thursday, June 9, 2011

THE BUSY BEES/BE'S OF SUMMER

By Sharon Wilhite


Buzzzzzzz...Like the industrious bees buzzing around summer's blooms,
I buzz busily from duties to deadlines to summer activities, etc. etc.

Bees have instinctive rest times,
while I have to choose to slow down, to be calm and not habitually frenetic.

God reminds me that to"BE" spiritually minded is life and peace. (Romans 8:6)

He tells me to "BE" still and know that He is God. (Psalm 46:10)


To not "BE" weary in well doing (Galatians 6:9) I have to draw close to God and renew my strength daily from Him and His word. 

Let this be our best summer ever.
Busily "BEE-ING" Christlike...
quietly "BEE-COMING" Christlike.

(good website for slowing down and contemplating: aholyexperience.com.)

No comments:

Post a Comment