Inspirational thoughts and random writings from the alumni and friends of Quad-Cities Christian Writers Conference.

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Humor

By Marvin Ferguson

Everybody enjoys a good laugh and so do I. In fact, I've often heard it said that laughter is good medicine for the soul.

Some of my favorite humorous moments are watching an old film with Laurel and Hardy. Just thinking about them makes me laugh. See if you can identify with this one and enjoy it with me.

Following the First World War Stanley spent three months in a VA hospital recuperating from his wounds and totally separated from his friend Oliver Hardy. Now, it was time to pick him up and take him home.

While waiting for his ride in the hallway of the hospital Stan couldn't find a chair to get comfortable in. Ultimately, he found an old wooden wheelchair but couldn't get his feet to fit in the stirrups, so he sat on them.

Meanwhile, when Ollie finally arrived and noticed that his dear friend didn't have any legs, he insisted on wheeling him out to the car. After Ollie struggled to get Stan into the car, his dear amputee friend got out of his wheelchair and offered to help solve the dilemma by walking around to the other side of the car.

Shocked, Ollie said, "Wait just a minute. Why didn't you tell me you had legs?"

And looking very innocent like he always did, Stan replied, "Because you didn't asked me."

The comic role played by two superb actors kept me laughing all the way home.


No comments:

Post a Comment