By Krisi Paxton
1. Do everything with passion, whether it is licking a hole in an old railroad tie or eating a friend’s last bite of pancake.
2. Eat when you are hungry. Bounce when you are happy. Sleep when you are tired. Get dirty.
3. Cuddle with your loved ones. Read their moods. Sneak a kiss whenever possible.
4. Take long and frequent walks with your two-legged friends. Stop to smell the flowers or rub your face in the snow. Detour from the plan once in a while.
5. Be patient with small children.
6. Ask for nothing more than simple food, water and an occasional last slurp from a cereal bowl.
7. Be content to hang out with those you love. Travel with them every chance you get. Make friends in strange lands.
8. Explore the woods. Mingle with other species. Be afraid of nothing.
9. Expect little.
10. Appreciate everything.
Ziggy, a loyal companion, passed away May 9. She was only eight years old, but she crammed 100 years of pleasure into each moment. People smiled and chuckled when Ziggy entered a room. She lived her last spring day at home, lying in cool grass, basking in soft breezes and warm sunshine. Her loved ones sat with her, touched her, laughed at her quirks and admired her fine qualities.
I want to be just like Ziggy.